Poem - When? How? Where? Why?

With my hopes still high,
I could find my feet running
a race with so much uncertainty.
The horizon seem to be expanding
the more I long to reach it.
My anxiety keeps encouraging me;
I'll get there someday it says.
My spirit is ever willing
but my flesh asks,
When?

I have so many dreams.
I've crossed so many scenes.
I just struggled past the desert
only for me to find seas.
My ambition keeps encouraging me;
"You can do this too" it says.
My spirit is ever willing
but my flesh asks,
How?

Life is so cruel
Time is fast spent
Why was I called to earth?
When will I ever find rest?
Like a lemon with a sweet and sour taste,
Life is just a paragon
engulfed in stern abstraction.
I'll need to find wealth,
my intuition chides.
My spirit is ever willing
but my flesh asks,
Where?

I live today, I die tomorrow.
I smile today, I cry tomorrow.
I succeed today, I fail tomorrow.
How will I enjoy these possessions
when I'm uncertain of the times?
How will my bad cease
when I'm uncertain of the seasons?
You were called to earth for a purpose.
My spirit understands this,
but my flesh keeps asking,
Why?


All rights reserved.
Copyright @Charles Chimezirim, 2019

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNN SCREENING EXERCISE FOR 2019/2020, DATE AND TIME OUT!!